Python task prioritizer
The task prioritizer calculates a fixed priority for your tasks by its urgence, impact and effort.
Priority 1 is the highest priority, priority 7 the lowest. The tool also gives you advice what to do with your tasks.
The tool needs an installed python in version 3.4 or higher. An installed python 2.7 with a backported Enum package is fine too.
Start the tool with the following command:
There are three factors which determine the priority of your task: URGENCE, IMPACT and EFFORT.
- If the deadline is today the URGENCE should be HIGH
- If the deadline is this week the URGENCE should be MEDIUM
- If the deadline is further away the URGENCE should be LOW
- If the task really changes things the IMPACT should be HIGH
- If it is a routine task or nothing special the IMPACT should be NORMAL
- For trivial tasks the IMPACT should be LOW
- If the estimated time is higher than 40h, EFFORT should be HIGH
- If the estimated time is around a day, EFFORT should be MEDIUM
- If the estimated time lower than a day, EFFORT should be LOW